No act of charity will be foreign to the Society of St. Vincent de Paul.
Inspired by Gospel values, the Society of St. Vincent de Paul leads men and women to join together to grow spiritually by offering person-to-person service to those who are needy and suffering. A global Catholic lay organization, members serve in the tradition of its founder, Blessed Frederic Ozanam, and patron, St. Vincent de Paul. Since 1833, members across the world, who are known as Vincentians, have witnessed God’s love by embracing all works of charity and justice. The Society collaborates with other people of goodwill in relieving needs and addressing its causes, making no distinction in those served.
Consider becoming a St. Vincent de Paul Member:
Each year in Dane County, about 400 Vincentians dedicate 10,000+ hours toward helping our neighbors in need. These Vincentians conduct hundreds of home visits with people who seek the Society’s assistance. Members also volunteer at our food pantry and in our other programs of service, and they work on special charity projects in their parishes and neighborhoods. A county-wide Youth Service Council of high-school-age members also helps out with special charitable projects.
Based in Catholic parishes, Vincentians gather together in groups called Conferences which focus on spirituality, fellowship and works of charity. When people in need of help call out, Vincentians meet with them, determine their needs, and do what they can to assist.
If you may be interested in becoming a Vincentian, please contact Membership Director Gayle Westfahl by calling (608) 442-7200, x35, or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parishes in Dane County which hosts St. Vincent de Paul Conferences:
- Blessed Sacrament Parish: 2116 Hollister Avenue, Madison, WI 53726
- Cathedral Parish: Holy Redeemer Church, 120 W. Johnson Street, Madison WI 53703; St. Patrick Church, 404 E. Main Street, Madison, WI 53703
- Christ the King Catholic Church: 5306 Main Street, McFarland, WI 53558
- Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Church & School: 5101 Schofield Street, Monona, WI 53706
- Our Lady Queen of Peace Parish: 401 S. Owen Drive, Madison, WI 53711
- Sacred Hearts of Jesus & Mary Church: 221 Columbus Street, Sun Prairie, WI 53590
- St. Albert the Great Roman Catholic Church: 2420 St. Albert the Great Drive, Sun Prairie, WI 53590
- St. Ann Catholic Parish: 323 North Van Buren, Stoughton, WI 53589
- St. Bernard Catholic Church: 2438 Atwood Avenue, Madison, WI 53704
- St. Bernard Catholic Church: 2015 Parmenter Street, Middleton, WI 53562
- St. Christopher Catholic Parish: 301 N. Main Street, Verona, WI 53593
- St. Dennis Parish: 505 Dempsey Road, Madison, WI 53714
- St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church & School: 2947 Thinnes Street, Cross Plains, WI 53528
- St. John the Baptist Church & St. Mary of the Lake Church — Waunakee and Westport: 209 South Street, Waunakee WI 53597; 5460 Mary Lake Road, Westport, WI 53597
- St. Maria Goretti Catholic Church: 5313 Flad Avenue, Madison, WI 53711
- St. Paul’s Catholic Student Center: 723 State Street, Madison, WI 53703
- St. Peter Catholic Church: 5001 N. Sherman Avenue, Madison, WI 53704
- St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Parish: 602 Everglade Drive, Madison, WI 53717
Additional information and resources: