Need help making a home?
We operate local thrift stores in part to be able to provide basic-needs items, including furniture, free to people experiencing hard times — especially to people transitioning from homelessness into housing. Furniture is provided from our thrift store when you apply for a voucher.
Notes on eligibility:
- You may be eligible for a furniture voucher if you reside in Dane County and have not received a furniture voucher in the last five years.
- Furnishings we may be able to supply include a sofa, a living-room chair, a card table & chair set, plastic crates, and inflatable beds.
- You may also be eligible to receive dishes, glassware, utensils, pots, pans, bedding and linens.
- These items may be made available if you haven’t received these items from us within the last year.
- Our members can discuss your need for these items with you.
- If you have an infant or toddler in the household who lacks a proper crib, we can offer a new portable crib for the child.
How to apply:
- To begin the process of requesting a voucher for furniture, bedding, linens or housewares, please call our Service Center at (608) 257-0919.
- Applications are then sent to our St. Vincent de Paul Members who will schedule a phone visit.
- Most furniture vouchers (except those outside the greater Madison area) are fulfilled at our Dig & Save Outlet Store in Madison. To fulfill your furniture voucher, call the store at (608) 278-2920 to schedule an appointment to pick up the items. We do not deliver.