Do You Need Some Help?
Current COVID-19 Procedures
Temporary phone lines: Home pick-ups: (608) 278-2920 x1, Services (Food pantry, pharmacy, etc): (608) 278-2920 x38
The St. Vincent de Paul Food Pantry, Charitable Pharmacy and Service Center will be closed on Monday, July 4th. Wishing you a safe and celebratory Independence Day!
We all need a little help sometimes. The Society of St. Vincent de Paul exists to help to people in need. In Dane County, St. Vincent de Paul offers a wide range of help with basic needs for people struggling with poverty. Help is here no matter someone’s religion, race, gender, documented status, ethnicity or age. We honor the dignity every person deserves. For eligible Dane County people in need, we help with:
- Food when you’re having a hard time making ends meet (pantry visits up to every 30 days)
- Medication when you have a doctor’s prescription but can’t afford to get it filled (for uninsured adults; no narcotics)
- Clothing through a voucher to be used at one of our stores (once in six months)
- Furniture through a voucher to be used at one of our stores (once in five years). Portable cribs for infants are available for pickup during open hours (Monday through Friday 9 am to 3:30 pm) at the Middlecamp Center for Vincentian Charity.
- Housewares & Linens through a voucher to be used at one of our stores (once a year)
- Housing through programs at Port St. Vincent for men and Seton House for women, and women & children
- Goods Storage at Vinny’s Locker’s
- Other Assistance may be available for unique situations.
Click on the links in the left-hand column for information about each service. For more information, please call 608-257-0919 between 8 am and 4:30 pm weekdays. If you need to leave a message, we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
Some of our services are provided by our member volunteers in Madison’s neighborhoods and in several communities across Dane County. Other types of help, including food from our pantry and medications from our pharmacy, are provided at our Service Center, 2033 Fish Hatchery Road (one-half mile north of Beltline) in Madison. For details about our service’s hours, please click here.
Furniture, clothing, housewares and linens are provided at our Dane County St. Vinny’s thrift stores. Click on the links at upper left for information and then contact us about getting a voucher before visiting a store. Please contact us if you need a type of help we provide.