Gifts of Stocks, Bonds & Mutual Funds

Consider making a donation using appreciated stock, bonds or mutual fund shares. This type of gift supports our mission of helping Dane County neighbors in need while you may benefit by …

  • Avoiding capital-gains tax payments
  • Receiving a charitable income-tax deduction
  • Enjoying a possible increased income

For tax purposes, please note that our organization’s legal name is:

District Council of Madison, Inc., Society of St. Vincent de Paul
Our federal EIN is:  39-0824876
We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable organization.

In all matters of planned giving, please be sure to consult your attorney, tax accountant or financial advisor.

Making a Transfer Contribution to Us

All stock gifts are managed through UBS. Transfer instructions are as follows:

District Council of Madison, Inc., Society of St. Vincent de Paul
Agent Bank: UBS Financial
Account Number: HZ-06305-MP
DTC Number: 0221
Contact: Michele Dahlk
Phone: (608) 831-8677
Please provide donor name, address, name of security, number of shares and fund name/purpose.

For more information, please contact Eric Fleming, Director of Development, at (608) 442-7200, x34, or email

Planned Giving Options (click each for detail)

Recurring Monthly Gifts Gifts of Insurance
Gifts using IRAs, DAFs, other retirement plan assets Gift Annuities
Gifts of Property Estate Planning
Gift Through Your Will Trusts
Gifts of Stocks, Bonds & Mutual Funds United Way


“After seeing the tremendous good that the Society has done for the poor in the community, I decided to make a monthly financial committment to the Society now and also am leaving a legacy gift for later.”
- Bernie Vering