We’re back! Our stores will be re-opening on Tuesday, May 26th at 10 a.m. at all seven of our Dane County locations. All stores will also open up their donation centers as well. For a complete update on all of our other programs and services click on this link: COVID-19 pandemic. For monetary donations to our food pantry, free pharmacy and housing programs DONATE HERE.
STORE shopping hours (all locations):
10 a.m. – 5 p.m., seven days a week at all locations
Safety measures will be in place at all seven stores, especially at Dig & Save. Please refer to each store’s page for any additional information regarding procedures.
DONATION hours (all locations except *Dig & Save):
9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Saturday
10 a.m. – 5 p.m., Sunday
*Dig & Save drop off donation hours are 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. all seven days of the week
It will be a no-contact drop off and we will be asking donors to remain in their vehicles and we will unload it for them from their trunk or backseat. We will also be asking that everything be contained for ease of unloading and storage. PLEASE do not drop off prior to the opening of the drive-throughs.
Click for our handy packing guide!
Call (608)-278-2920 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, to request a scheduled, no-contact home pickup.
1. At this time we are only able to accept clothing, shoes and small household items that are properly packed and fully enclosed in boxes or bags. Due to limited staffing to load, store and process items, we are unable to take furniture or other loose items not properly packed in boxes or bags.
2. This is a no–contact pickup service, and items must be left outside; drivers will be unable to enter any buildings, including apartments and retirement homes, so please leave items outside in an easily accessible area (on covered front porch, in driveway, in or near garage, or if need be alongside curb and clearly marked “for donation.”)
3. Weather permitting, donations should be placed outside by 7:30 a.m. on your day of pickup.
(Items must protected from weather damage. If it is raining on the day of your pickup, please plan to wait to receive notice from your driver about our truck’s approximate ETA, prior to putting items outside if they would be exposed, and then please protect them with a tarp or some other covering to keep them dry).
Pickup area schedule
1. Mondays and Wednesdays (All Madison 537xx, 53562 zip codes)
Madison, Monona, Fitchburg, and Middleton
2. Fridays (Out-of-town and associated zip codes)
Cottage Grove 53527, Cross Plains 53528, DeForest 53532, McFarland 53558, Oregon 53575, Stoughton 53589, Sun Prairie 53590, Verona 53593 and Waunakee 53597
Click here to print a goods donation receipt to complete for your records or taxes.
In 2018, the tax laws changed, but the good feeling of helping someone else and having a cleaned out, organized closet, garage or kitchen never changes!
Visit the IRS website to help you understand goods donations and deductibility.
** We know that while safer at home, many of our supporters have been reducing what they no longer need around the house and are anxious to promote reuse & recycling through our stores. We look forward to “upcycling” donations of gently used goods now into sales later that will support our mission of helping our Dane County neighbors in need.
“Shop with your heart. Great place to start – on your budget and community. Reduce. Reuse. Recycle, too. We can do it all at St. Vinny's. Oh, let's go shop St. Vinny's. Yeah. Let's go shop St. Vinny's. Yeah. Let's go shop St. Vinny's. Yeah. Let's go shop St. Vinny's.”