In August 2021, the National Council of the U.S., Society of St. Vincent de Paul approved the National Safeguarding Policy for all Member Councils to protect the children and vulnerable adults who come to us for help from abuse or exploitation. In 2022, the Madison Diocesan Council and the District Council of Madison of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul each passed a Safeguarding Policy to define our procedures and expectations to fulfill this important charge.
District Council of Madison Safeguarding Policy
Consejo de Distrito de Madison Política de Salvaguardia
Diocesan Council of Madison Safeguarding Policies:
- Diocesan Council of Madison Safeguarding Policy FINAL
- Consejo Diocesano de Madison Política de Salvaguardia FINAL
Non-discrimination Policy, October 27, 2020
The District Council of Madison, Inc., Society of St. Vincent de Paul does not and shall not discriminate in our employment, services and volunteerism on the basis of age, race, color, disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, arrest record, conviction record, military service, or use or nonuse of lawful products off the employer’s premises during nonworking hours, or any characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal law. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers and vendors. Although the District Council of Madison, Inc., Society of St. Vincent de Paul does not generally consider religion in either hiring or the services it provides, because we are a Catholic charity, requiring liaison with the Catholic Church and its members, certain positions involving such liaisons are reserved for members of the Catholic Church. The District Council of Madison, Inc., Society of St. Vincent de Paul reserves the right to consider whether the conduct reflected in a criminal conviction demonstrates an incompatibility with the responsibilities of the specific job for which an applicant is applying.
Update as of April 25, 2022
St. Vinny’s Thrift Stores:
- Persons not vaccinated against COVID-19 are asked to wear face masks in all seven of our Dane County stores in accordance with Public Health Madison & Dane County’s Face Covering Emergency Order #7. Masks will be free and available at all of our stores if you do not have one. The health and safety of the neighbors in need we serve and of our customers, members, volunteers and employees are what matter most to us so thank you for masking up with us.
- Expanded cleaning procedures will continue.
- No-contact drive-through donations will continue.
- Scheduled no-contact home pickups will continue. Drivers will wear masks.
- No-contact, drive-through food pantry operation will continue.
- Curbside medication delivery will continue, with telehealth consultations between patients and pharmacists.
- Masks will be worn in congregate areas and for meetings.
Please note that public health authorities recommend the following to help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Frequent washing of hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, and — if soap and water are not readily available — use of hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
- Covering coughs and sneezes with a tissue or using the inside of the elbow
- Cleaning frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Social distancing, including avoiding crowds and staying at least six feet away from other people
- Staying home when sick
Stay up to date on the latest local news from the Public Health Madison & Dane County website regarding the coronavirus/COVID-19: https://www.publichealthmdc.com/health-services/partners-providers/resources-by-disease/coronavirus
Questions and concerns may be directed to email@example.com or (608) 442-7200.
This flyer details each St. Vincent de Paul conference across the Diocese of Madison along with an explanation of the services provided.
Thank you for scheduling a COVID-19 vaccine with St. Vincent de Paul Charitable Pharmacy. We are located at 2033 Fish Hatchery Road, Madison WI 53711. Our hours of service are:
- Monday 11:00am – 2:00pm
- Tuesday 1:00pm – 4:00pm
- Thursday 3:00pm – 6:00pm